Student Employment

A wide variety of campus jobs are available for students attending Victoria College. Some positions require that students demonstrate financial need based on federal standards, and other positions are available for students who may have less demonstrable need but who wish to work to assist with college expenses.  In addition to assisting students financially, these positions provide valuable work experience.  All students who are interested in student employment must apply in the Human Resources Department.

Victoria College Human Resources Office provides job application forms and work orientation training to students who participate in Student Employment Programs.  Students may work up to 19 hours per week and are paid minimum wage.

Student Employment Eligibility

  • Must be a student at Victoria College enrolled in at least 6 hours during the fall and spring semesters and 3 hours during the summer semester with intent to enroll in the fall.
  • Must maintain at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA
  • Must have a current application for Employment on file with the Human Resources office
  • Must complete an orientation and training course  

Federal Work-Study Program
The Federal Work-Study Program provides funding for campus jobs for students who demonstrate financial need.  Interested students must complete an application for financial aid prior to being employed as a FWS student. All students interested in participating in the FWS for the year must first apply for the Federal Pell Grant and have received an award letter from Victoria College Financial Aid Office and meet the above eligibility requirements.

For more information, contact:

The Human Resources Department
Academic Building 
(361) 582-2459
Forms & Resources

Human Resources Office Hours

Fall & Spring Office Hours:
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Summer Office Hours:
Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday, closed


Pirate Portal


Want More Info?
© 2015 Victoria College | 2200 E. Red River | Victoria, TX 77901 | (361) 573-3291 | (877) 843-4369