Exceed Your Own Expectations.
Victoria College's Total Learning Center offers success coaches to assist students with learning strategies. To do this, coaches provide students with questions, observations, feedback, encouragement, support, and accountability.
Working 1-on-1 with a Success Coach helps students identify and utilize new learning tools and strategies to help meet their academic, career, and personal goals.
Success Coaching is available to all Victoria College students. Request a success coach by using our online request form.
Coaches are available by appointment Monday - Thursday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.
What is Success Coaching at Victoria College?
In Success Coaching, students and coaches develop working relationships through scheduled meetings or the Student Success Course (SDEV 0012). Coaches use a variety of tools to help students improve their time management, study strategies, focus, and motivation.
- Help facilitate a successful transition to Victoria College
- Help students establish priorities and set goals
- Demonstrate various study strategies.
- Demonstrate strategies for organizational management
- Encourage use of daily schedules and routines
- Support students through various decision-making processes
- Increase awareness of procrastination and identify ways to get back on track
- Identify strategies for breaking down projects into manageable and achievable tasks
- Assist with exam preparation and test-taking strategies
- Introduce campus resources
Success Coaching sessions are not:
- Subject tutoring
- Paper-editing workshops
- Individual course tutoring
- Personalized homework assistance
- Quick fixes/instant improvements for academic struggles
To fully benefit from the coaching experience, students must commit to attending appointments on time and consistently. They must also follow through by implementing strategies that have been discussed in the session.
Meet the Coaches
Total Learning Center – Success Coaching
Johnson Hall, Suite 100
Building #3 on VC's Campus Map
Disclosure Waiver: VC faculty, staff and employees are concerned about the safety and well-being of our students. If, during a conversation with a VC faculty member, staff member, or student assistant, you share information that leads us to be concerned about your safety, the safety of others, or your well-being, we may need to seek the help of the VC CARE team and/or other appropriate entities.