Students can engage with Academic Coaching at any point during their academic career at Victoria College. After initiating the Academic Coaching process students will:
- Meet 1:1 with your coach on a regular basis
- Be challenged and supported as you navigate life at Victoria College
- Learn and improve various study techniques
- Help facilitate a successful transition to Victoria College
- Intentionally develop academic and social goals
- Introduce campus academic resources
Academic Coaches assist students using frameworks like Growth vs. Fixed Mindset, Information Processing Theory, Metacognitive Strategies, Cognitive Load Theory, Positive Psychology, and Motivational Interviewing. Drawing from these frameworks and theories, coaches work with students in reaching their unique academic, career, and personal goals.
Academic Coaching is available to all Victoria College students. Request a coach by using our online request form.